And wuv, tru wuv, will fowow you foweva… So tweasure your wuv.
Bonus points if you can name the movie this quote came from! (Comment below). Since Valentine’s Day is this coming Tuesday, I thought I would use my Saturday Morning Muse to talk about my Valentine…My Stronger Half.
This Valentine’s Day marks our 3-year anniversary. (Lucky him…Feb 14th isn’t an easy date to forget!). We went to high school together though, so we have known each other for more than 10 years. When we first reconnected three years ago, I was amazed at his ability to make me laugh. We did the typical “new couple” thing…talking for hours at a time, staying up until 4am because we didn’t want to go our separate ways, sending “I miss you” texts during the day at work.
Fast forward 3 years later, and I’m still head over heals. While we no longer stay up until 4am (let’s be honest…I’m passed out on the couch by 9pm), he still sends me “I miss you” texts during the day and our relationship has grown into an amazing partnership. So, in honor of him, here are 10 things I love about My Stronger Half.
- He makes me laugh – Yes, I know I already said this, but I love that about him!
- He’s a hard worker – In fact, he may be one of the hardest working people I know. He works his normal 40-hour a week job, but then finds ways outside of work to achieve other things.
- He does all the stuff around the house that I don’t want to do – Like pick up dead mice. Or capture the snake that made its way into our basement and take it outside. Or fix the things that I break. Or unclog the shower drain as I stand by dry heaving.
- He doesn’t judge me – Specifically when I’m watching “Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.” In fact, he outdoes me when it comes to trashy TV watching.
- He considers me a partner, not a submitter – We make decisions together, which has become extremely important to me. I truly believe relationships only last if each person compromises and considers the needs and desires of the other.
- He loves Misfit Kitty – My Stronger Half is actually not a cat person. You wouldn’t know it when he and Misfit Kitty are on a roll though. I won’t get into the details, because I don’t want to embarrass him, but you get the idea.
- He takes care of his friends – If his friends are stranded on the side of the road, he gets them. If a friend needs help on a car, he does it. If his friends are looking for something to buy, he helps find it.
- He spends time with my family – Both of our families live near by, which means we visit both of them on holidays and birthdays. He never complains about it though.
- He keeps things clean – I’m a bit OCD myself when it comes to the house, and My Stronger Half does a good job at keeping me content. Plus, he cleans and takes care of his own areas (like the garage)
- He’s a “social butterfly” – Drop him into a room with a bunch of people he doesn’t know, and he’ll make friends. He’ll see someone parked at a gas station with a car he likes, and he’ll walk right up and start chatting. Almost everywhere we go, he runs into somebody he knows. It keeps our lives interesting!
What do you love about your Valentine?